As we redefine the future of energy, we’re looking for new talent to join us. We have a diverse team of over 2,500 people across BC that we couldn’t operate without, and we’re still growing at a rapid pace.
You might assume we’re just another utility that provides natural gas and electricity, but we’re also interested in exciting, cutting-edge energy solutions. For starters, consider carbon capture, renewable energy, and low-carbon mobility. We believe in a future that is cleaner and healthier.
Build your career with us if you enjoy meaningful work, a dynamic atmosphere, and forward-thinking colleagues. You’ll have the chance to learn, lead, solve problems, and create. So, what do you have to lose? Let’s rethink energy as a group. Overview of the Position
A Warehouseman’s responsibilities include ensuring that a store/warehouse or material stock control operation runs smoothly and efficiently.
A Warehouseman works under the supervision of a Staff Supervisor or a delegate. Responsibilities
- All material and parts shipments, as well as their quantities and records, must be shipped and received on time.
- Issues material requisitions and local purchase orders to ensure adequate stock supplies.
- Maintains records, accounts balancing, inventory control, and report creation, among other tasks.
- As needed, trains new employees and personnel in lower classes.
- Perform tasks that would ordinarily be performed by a lower-level employee.
- A Warehouseman may also be required to transport scrap transformers, obtain Transportation of Dangerous
Goods Certification, maintain a data base of waste apparatus, complete and manage hazardous waste forms, communicate with third-party waste contractors, and maintain PPE for and perform housekeeping work at hazardous waste storage facilities, in addition to the aforementioned duties. The Company will give any and all necessary training to a warehouseman if he is required to execute any of these responsibilities.
- The Warehouseman, in addition to the credentials of a Warehouse Clerk, must have a thorough understanding of the materials and parts used in the automotive, electrical, mechanical, Transmission & Distribution, and Generation industries.
- A Class 3 driver’s license with an air endorsement is required.
- Our stimulating environment is safe, inclusive, and varied, and it provides a wide range of challenging opportunities. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as opportunities for lifelong learning and growth. We also promote volunteerism and the desire to help others in your community.
Our top focus is the safety of our customers and FortisBC employees. Our jobsite safety protocols and social distancing practices are strictly followed to safeguard the safety of our employees on our job locations. We’ll continue to follow the government’s COVID-19 rules as an essential service provider and change our preparations as needed. Our commitment to safety for all of our FortisBC family members remains unchanged as we welcome new workers.
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $38.88 per hour