Gordon Food Service would like to extend a warm welcome to you. We’re ecstatic that you’re considering working with us, and we have an incredible tale to tell. Here’s a quick rundown of who we are and how you might affect the food service industry. You can have a seat at our table…
Consider working with Gordon Food Service if you’re seeking for a fulfilling job with benefits that will allow you to provide for your family or if you’re looking to start your career in warehousing.
Highlights of the Order Picker Position:
- Pay ranges from $22.88 to $26.48 per hour, including productivity bonuses of up to $10 per hour.
- Afternoon shift begins at 1 p.m.
- Ajax, Ontario is where you’ll find us.
- Performance incentives that are ongoing
- After 30 days of employment, you will be eligible for medical, dental, prescription drug, and EFAP benefits.
- COMPLETE flex benefits package with RRSP match
- Period of paid training and orientation
- Opportunities for job advancement and family culture
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be physically healthy and capable of performing general labor, including lifting, stacking, pulling, and carrying large goods safely and repeatedly (from 10 to 80 lbs)
- A strong emphasis on health and safety
- Must have a track record of consistently arriving on schedule.
- It is preferable if you have prior warehousing experience.
Among the responsibilities are:
- Lifting and putting food service products (weighing between 10 and 80 pounds) onto pallets.
- Pallets are being prepared for shipment to a customer.
- Using a computerized inventory system, accurately scanning and choosing products
- Power equipment, such as electric pallet jacks, must be operated safely.
- Working in a variety of temperature zones, including a freezer (-20°C), a cooler, and a dry goods section. All warehouse workers must be prepared to work in all warehouse temperature zones, with the cooler/freezer accounting for the majority of their time.
- All types of food goods, including fish, meats, dairy, produce, spices, beverages, and equipment, are exposed to and handled.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety rules and regulations, as well as Food Safety programs, are followed.
Other responsibilities as needed
We’re a corporation that values honesty above anything else. We believe in treating each other with respect and working together to complete tasks successfully. And as a result of our partnership, we’ve developed a joyful, supportive, and energetic environment!
We appreciate everyone’s interest, but only those who are chosen for the next phase will be notified.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a work environment that is inclusive of all employees and values their various talents.
Without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, all qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment, or in terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, religious beliefs, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We appreciate everyone’s interest, but only those who are chosen for the next round will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to provide a welcoming work environment that includes everyone and values its employees’ various abilities. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please send your request to email@example.com with the words “Accommodation Request” in the subject line if you require reasonable accommodations for any step of the application or hiring process due to a handicap.